two thousand and eleven

"Courage isn't about doing something you're not scared of. Courage is doing something in spite of the fact that you are scared of it."
What I learned in 2010:
In 2010, I made a big change and got a new job and moved to Charleston from Columbia, SC. I was really unhappy living in Columbia (although I loved my first job out of college and the wonderful people I worked with). But I knew that if I wasn't happy I should make a change. So, I got a job in Charleston doing what I loved in Columbia, surgical oncology nursing (BTW, I feel truly blessed that I found a path of nursing that I love right out of college).

Now I'm here 6 months later and I am much happier here in Charleston. Changing jobs was REALLY hard at first but I feel comfortable in my new job now. I have learned so much about myself and nursing as a career from this job change. Now, I know that as scary as it may be I can make a big career/life change and be okay! It feels really good to have made a big jump all on my own. It takes a lot of courage to make a big life change like that and not know if things will be better or worse in the end. I am proud of myself for making this big change. I am happier now because of it.


So, I have been doing a little bit of thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2011. I have come up with a list of things I want to do in the coming year. I'll start with the basics:
Career: Get my Oncology Nursing Certification. I hear it is a big stinker of a test but I think I can pass it!

Finance: Build up my savings account. I bought my car with cash outright a few months ago. I was really excited I could buy it without taking out a loan after just one year in the "real world" but now I want to build my savings account back to the pre-car buying state!

Health: Get in shape and run the Cooper River Bridge Run. Since moving to Charleston I have been really slack about exercising and staying in shape. It is time to get back into the swing of things!
Now for the fun things I want to accomplish in 2011:

Make my little apartment into a home that I love.

Go out and enjoy all that Charleston has to offer.

Take a photography class and use my fancy pants camera more.

Last but not least, I want to keep up with this little blog. I started this blog 6 months ago and it truly makes me happy. It is now my favorite hobby. I love finding inspiring things to post about and love getting new followers and comments. So, thanks for reading my little blog! Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

images 1/2/3/4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment