oh julia.




I watched Julie & Julia the other night.  I couldn't help but be inspired by Julia Child's Massachusetts home in the movie.  I just love the kitchen.  I am normally a sucker for all things white in the kitchen but this kitchen has such personality!  I love the bright blue upper cabinets paired with the celadon green lower cabinets and interior door.  It just says, "oh look at me...I'm happy to be here cooking in my little kitchen." 

And then there is Julia's front door.  I am slightly obsessed with lovely painted exterior doors (see here).  Julia's door is perfect shade of green with just a hint of a blue tone coming through.  It is a subtle color but it still has some personality to it.  I can't wait for the day where I can come home to a front door that isn't ho hum black!

BTW I think this movie is absolutely wonderful.  Definitely a "feel good" movie.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment