king street.

I am so intrigued by these photos of Charleston's King Street from 1910.  I have walked down King Street a thousand times and never really stopped to imagine what life in Charleston might have been like just a hundred years ago.  I am so surprised at how the street is very much the same, yet totally different.  These photos make me want to travel back in time and experience Charleston in a different era.  I would love to stroll down the streets and admire all the men dressed in suits, watch the horse and buggies go by, and stop in the little "mom and pop" shops.  Wouldn't it be lovely?

Found via WhatWasThere.  Find out WhatWasThere in your city here.

images 1.2

1 comments:

Wida :

Wow, so beautiful! Reminds me of High Street in Columbus, OH. You should google pics from there!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Post a Comment